Las Vegas Weddings (getting married in Vegas see how below)
Some notes on getting married in Las Vegas:
Marriage Bureau - 201 Clark Avenue - Las Vegas, Nevada 89155-1603
Ph: (702) 671-0600 - Fax: (702) 385-8911 – Hours: daily 8:00am to 12:00 (Midnight) Including Holidays (these HOURS ARE FOR THE MARRIAGE BUREAU OFFICE ONLY)
HOURS FOR THE OFFICE OF CIVIL MARRIAGES—(FOR PERFORMING CIVIL CEREMONIES) - 8:00am TO 10:00pm DAILY INCLUDING WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS…..
NOTE(S): This office is prohibited from issuing a new Marriage License to couples that are currently married. Couples may renew their wedding vows at a church or wedding chapel. Churches or chapels may require you to bring a copy of your Marriage Certificate for proof of marriage before performing the renewal ceremony.
For more info go to: http://www.co.clark.nv.us/clerk/marriage_information.htm
Currently, marriage license applicants are not required to prove identity…..however, recently passed Nevada Legislature makes proof of identity a requirement for obtaining a marriage license, effective January 1, 2008. Therefore, individuals planning to obtain a marriage license in Nevada after January 1, 2008 will need to bring proper identification with them.
Identification: an original or certified copy of one of the following forms of identification will be required effective Jan 1, 2008:
- Driver's License, Instruction Permit, or identification card issued by this State or another state
- Birth Certificate and a secondary form of identification that contains the name of the applicant
- Military Identification Card or Military Dependant Identification Card
- Certificate of Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization, Permanent Resident Card or Temporary Resident Card
- And pursuant to NRS 122.050, the marriage license must contain the name of each applicant as shown in the identification documents presented.
The County Clerk may request that foreign birth certificates be translated into English and notarized.
NOTE: AS OF JANUARY 1, 2003, THE FEE IS $55.00
NOTE: You can now complete your marriage license application online.