Las Vegas Golf
Do you like to golf? Then Vegas is the place for you. Believe it or not there are over 50 courses in the greater Las Vegas area. There is no better cure for the craziness of the Strip than a few relaxing rounds of golf. We've come up with a list of what we think are the top ten, in no particular order:
- Angel Park - Designed by Arnold Palmer with 36 holes including replica holes of famous courses. It features an amazing view of Red Rock canyon and the Vegas Valley.
- Badlands - Don't let the name scare you, the course is gorgeous. The design was a collaboration between Chi Chi Rodriguez and Johnny Miller and features 27 holes.
- Bali Hai - Located on the Strip (yeah, on the Strip, you can't see it from the street) this is a smaller course but features many exotic plants, white sand bunkers, water features, and an altogether different look than most Vegas courses.
- Bear's Best - Features 18 holes chosen from different Jack Nicklaus designs around the world.
- Las Vegas Paiute Golf Resort - A bit northwest of Vegas on the Paiute Indian Reservation, but well worth the drive featuring 3 championship 18 hole courses.
- Primm Valley Golf Club - Another drive, but in the opposite direction. Primm Valley has two Tom Fazio-designed courses that have each made Golf Magazine top 100 list.
- Reflection Bay - An incredible setting with foothills and deep ravines all around, and featuring the largest man-made lake, Lake Las Vegas, Reflection Bay is beautiful and the course is designed for a variety of skill levels.
- Rio Secco - Features 6 canyon holes, 6 plateau holes, and 6 winding through riverbeds and washes. A very dynamic and beautiful course.
- Siena Golf Club - Located high above the city, this course offers and excellent view along with several lakes and gorgeous waterfalls.
- TPC at the Canyons - A challenging course designed by PGA Tour Design Services and Raymond Floyd. A lot of trees, elevation changes, ravines, and wind make strategy essential.